- Why Somerset?
“Business needs good people and Somerset attracts very good people who also want to enjoy its quality of life”
Deborah Meaden, Dragons’ Den investor, and entrepreneur
We get a lot of questions as to why Kwintessential are based in Somerset. We were born in Croydon in 2003. In 2005 a strategic decision was made by the company to move away from the bright lights of London to the more tranquil surroundings of Somerset in the South West of England. Since that time the company has grown and now boasts offices in London, Monterey (California), Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Cape Town (South Africa). The point being that a business can grow and expand without being located in a big city.
Somerset has proven to be a great home for the company offering a number of benefits including:
* Lower costs (rent, services, etc)
* Higher calibre employees
* Less competition from the translation market
* A significant number of multinationals and global market-leaders in Somerset
* Access to key regions of the UK through transport links
* Two international airports
* Excellent IT and broadband connectivity
* A cleaner, relaxed and less-stressful way of life
* A fantastic commute to work every morning! (Fields, sheep and cows rather than crammed into the 7.45 to London Victoria!)
Read more > Somerset Translation and Interpreting