In need of a translation service in the Merseyside and Liverpool area? Chose the location nearest to you from the links on the left for translation companies.
Translation is not only a mechanical work. It requires skills and artistic approach. It's not enough to know all the rules, there are additional secrets of success, which can make your translation better. These several tips will help to improve the quality of your translation and make the process simpler.
1. Good equipment. Before starting your translation make sure you have all necessary equipment, which can simplify the process of translation. Bilingual dictionaries, encyclopedias, electronic dictionaries, dictionaries of idioms and jargonisms can be very subservient and you will save a big amount of time if you prepare everything in advance.
2. Prereading. Next step is prereading. Read all the text before you start working. This will help you to get general idea and make some parts of the text more understandable.
3. Define the style of the text and the purpose it was written for. This will help to choose the style of translation and necessary vocabulary.
4. Center on the meaning. Pay more attention to the meaning of the text you translate. Same thought or idea can be expressed in many ways and these ways can be very different in different languages.
5. Pronounce phrases you translate. By pronouncing phrases or longer pieces of text you will have additional opportunity to check up the appropriateness of the words you choose and grammar structures you use.
6. Rereading. Read each sentence one more time after you put it down. This will help to correct grammar and spelling mistakes. In addition, read each paragraph and the whole text after the translation is finished in order to check up if all the sentences fit context.
7. Ask a native speaker to proofread your text. Native speaker can notice nuances you have missed and the text will sound more natural.
By Daryna Zakharenko,