It’s that time of year again! Valentine’s Day arrives on February 14th and it’s time to start booking in your restaurant for the evening. If you are looking for something culturally stimulating this year, check out our top 5 suggestions for restaurants in Bristol we believe will give you a taste of something different. All the restaurants offer to stimulate your senses through the food and ambience that represent their cultures.
- Style: Chinese
- Address: Nelson Street, Bristol BS1 2JT
- Tel: 0117 9450505
- Website: http://shanghainightsbristol.co.uk/
- Valentine’s Deals: none
- About: Part of a leading, family run, Oriental food group established in the South West with over 40 years of catering experience, Shanghai Nights Restaurant offers freshly made dim sums and authentic Chinese cuisine prepared by chefs from China.
- Style: Spanish
- Address: 57 Prince St, Bristol, Avon BS1 4QH
- Tel: 0117 925 6014
- Website: www.el-puerto.co.uk
- Valentine’s Deals: Valentine’s menu.
- About: Ideal place to bring that someone special for an intimate Mediterranean romantic dinner and a few glasses of wine. El Puerto Restaurant ofers a taste of Spain with its traditional tapas menu, made with fresh and authentic ingredients.
- Style: Lebanese
- Address: Small Street, Bristol BS1 1DE
- Tel: 0117 927 7937
- Website: http://www.mazati.co.uk/
- Valentine’s Deals: none. The Chef suggests the platter of 8 mezzes (selection of small dishes) together with a wine from the Bekaa Valley, Lebanon.
- About: If you want to try “The true taste of Lebanon”, this could be the right place, since every dish is created from recipes handed down from one generation to the next. Lebanese cuisine is a fascinating collection of tastes, colours and textures combining the tantalising cooking styles of the Middle East and the Mediterranean. The menu is updated regularly and offersa rich choice, including mouth-watering national dishes, carefully chosen mezzes, as well as Mazati’s own signature dishes prepared by the head chef.
- Style: Turkish
- Address: 31 Marmaid Quay, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff CF10 5BZ
- Tel: 029 2048 7477
- Website: www.bosphorus.co.uk
- Valentine’s Special: Valentine’s Set Menu. The Chef suggests the Charcoal grilled sea bass served with salad Izgara Cupra.
- About: Turkish Cuisine is a heritage of the Ottoman Empire and can be described as a fusion and refinement of Central Asian, Middle Eastern and Balkan cuisines. At Bosphorus Restaurant each dish is cooked using traditional ingredients and techniques and are packed full of spice and fragrance. You will also find a good selection of Turkish wines, raki (traditional Turkish spirit) and of course wonderful Turkish Coffee.
- Style: Indian
- Address: 35 King Street, Bristol BS1 4DZ
- Tel: 0117 929 1132
- Website: www.raj-bristol.co.uk
- Valentine’s Special: none
- About: If you like a decent curry, The Raj Tandoori is a popular and well known restaurant in the centre of Bristol. It has a reputation for good service and good food.