India - Cultural TrainingQ: What secures business success? A: Communication....
India is big business. With its strategic location, huge consumer base of 300 million people and rapidly growing IT and manufacturing industries, foreign business is booming.
Cultural differences have proved a problem for foreign personnel - whether managers, staff or customers alike. Different communication styles and customer service expectations have highlighted the need for investment in cross cultural awareness training.
Kwintessential have the expertise and know-how to help you overcome potential issues through our India focused cultural awareness training courses.
Indian Business & Culture
All our India cultural training courses are 100% bespoke - each one is tailored to the needs of the client.
There is no set formula to our India cultural awareness training courses as we do not use off-the shelf manuals. As an illustration on some of the areas we cover the following points should suffice:
» Cultural Basics
- Historical, political and economic overview
- Profile of business, trade and industry
- Society, culture, values, religions, customs and traditions
» Doing Business in India
- Preparing for a trip to India
- Cross cultural comparison of business practices
- Business etiquette and protocol
- Building relationships and Effective communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Business entertaining
- Meetings and negotiations
- Working with Indians
- Profile of Indian colleagues
- Aspirations and value systems
- Managing Indian staff
» Call Centre Training
- Telephone etiquette
- Small talk
- Information exchange
- Time scales and deadlines
- Customer service
- Conflict prevention
» Relocating to India
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Indian attitudes to foreigners
- The family – raising children, women in public life, education, holidays
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
Need some India cultural training? Rather than reading about it, why not do it?
For more information on how our cross cultural communication courses can benefit you, please Contact Us to discuss your needs.