China - Cultural Awareness and Etiquette Training"This course impacted my understanding of the importance of building relationships/ hierarchy. The trainer was very informative, very friendly and very able to answer questions!" Bentley Motors
Doing Business in China?
If you or your company are looking for success in China - come to the company that will get you there. Our cultural awareness and etiquette courses are guaranteed to maximise your potential in China.
Chinese Cultural Awareness Training
Our first-class cross cultural awareness training course is tailored to meet the demands of today's progressive business personnel who either seek to establish trade links with China, go to China on business or relocate to China for work.
Each training course is 100% bespoke. We simply don't do "off-the-shelf". The aim of the course is to help prepare for dealings with the Chinese by imparting invaluable knowledge that will assist in building strong interpersonal relationships, promote clear lines of communication and help minimise cross cultural misunderstandings.
What do our China courses cover?Every China focused course we provide is tailored to the participant(s); however below are some of the key topics we tend to cover:
» China and the West
• Modern history’s influence on cross cultural (mis)perceptions
• Breaking cross cultural stereotypes
• How does culture impact business?
• Theoretical and practical cross cultural models and examples
• Steps to effective cross cultural communication
» Communicating with the Chinese
• Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs and national character
• Interpersonal relations
• Building relationships
• Communication – verbal and non-verbal
• Social etiquette and protocol
» Doing Business in China
• Language tuition
• Preparing to travel to China
• Business in China – features, traditions and ethics
• Comparative analysis of Chinese and Western business practices
• Making appointments
• Using intermediaries
• Chinese business etiquette
• Business entertaining
• Cross cultural man-management
» Relocating to China
• Preparing for the move
• What to bring?
• Chinese history, culture and values
• Western perceptions of China
• Chinese attitudes to foreigners
• The family – raising children, education, holidays
• Spouse coaching
• Public behaviour and etiquette
• Food and drink
• Transport, shopping and entertainment
Our China ExpertsOur cultural awareness course for China is delivered by consultants with firsthand experience of living in China. Their expertise and insight into China and its various business practices is an invaluable tool for those preparing to do business in or with China.
For more infomation on how we can help you, please Contact Us.