Iran: Cultural Awareness Training
Doing business in Iran?
Cultural awareness training can be the key to your success...
Business success starts with communication and in Iran communication starts with trust.
Our first-class cross cultural training course on Iran is aimed helping anyone doing business in, moving to or working with Iran a helping hand in attaining the knowledge, know-how and confidence to build trust. Our trainers bring with them first-hand experience of working in Iran and the Persian way of doing things. We work with major multinationals and global players, ensuring they maximise their potential when working in the country.
Iranian CultureOur cultural awareness courses on Iran are aimed at businesses, NGO’s, organisations and the individuals within them. We cater to our client’s every need, ensuring a 100% bespoke approach that produces the results you want. Course content is tailored according the client’s particular needs but essentially addresses the following points:
- Introduction to Iranian social and economic history
- How the Iranians view foreigners and vice-versa
- Differences in beliefs, values, ethics, customs and behaviours
- Communication styles
- Business and social etiquette
The course will provide participants with:
- Real insight into Iranian culture and mentality
- The key skills necessary to work cross culturally
- A necessary understanding of relevant etiquette/protocol
- Knowledge to help maximise their potential when dealing with Iran
Examples of the many topics our experts cover include:
» Setting the scene
- Background information on the impact of culture on business
- Theoretical and practical cross cultural models and examples
- Steps to effective cross cultural communication
» About Iran
- Historical, political and economic overview
- Profile of business, trade and industry
- Society, culture, values, customs and traditions
» Shia Islam
- Role of Islam and specifically Shia Islam
- Influence of Islam on social and business practices
- Breaking stereotypes
- The place of women
» Doing Business in Iran
- Preparing for a trip to Iran
- Cross cultural comparison of business practices
- Business etiquette and protocol
- Building relationships
- Effective communication - verbal and non-verbal
- Business entertaining
- Meetings and negotiations
- Working with and/or managing Iranians
» Relocating to Iran
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Iranians attitudes to foreigners
- Living in Iran and safety issues
- The family - raising children, women in public life, education, holidays
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
Need a course? Contact us to discover more.