Basic Cross-Cultural Etiquette Training
Business Etiquette and Culture
This course is aimed at for people wanting to understand international business etiquette. They may be new recruits, junior staff or anyone starting to do business more on a global scale.
The course covers different areas of etiquette and their cross-cultural variants. For example, workplace expectations and acceptable behaviours, appropriate business dress, verbal communication, telephone skills, time management and general professional deportment. This course can easily be adjusted to incorporate any client’s specific challenges and/or company policies.
Having completed this course participants should be able to:
- Understand that etiquette is culturally determined
- Define appropriate and inappropriate behaviours
- Demonstrate the use of cross-cultural awareness through emails, phone calls, etc
- List steps for dealing with difficult people
- Rephrase direct questions and communication
- Develop an action plan to improve professionalism in work areas
The above outline highlights some of the course’s key learning points. As part of your training program, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
As we only design and deliver courses as per requests, we need to understand who needs the course and why. Having understood the request more in-depth we are then able to tailor the course to ensure it is relevant and rewarding.