Email Etiquette Training
Email Etiquette and Business Writing
Emails are without doubt the primary means of communication in today’s business environment. Employees need to be aware that the emails they write are critical not only in the information they detail but in the manner in which they are written. Sloppy emails within English are one thing, but throw in emails that are sent to different countries and cultures. What of the potential impact then?
Our course on Email Etiquette across Cultures looks specifically at the areas people need to watch out for when writing/receiving emails to/from people in different cultures. It helps break down cross-cultural differences in writing styles, formats, expectations, use of English and many other fields. Essentially what we do is help people be aware of who they are penning an email to and how to ensure it is tailored to the recipient.
Course ObjectivesAt the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the areas where emails differ across cultures/countries
- Appreciate how to use “international English” when writing
- Understand how to temper communication styles within emails
- Avoid the most common mistakes people make in business email writing
- Consider how visual components can enhance an email message and make for easy reading
- Deal with sensitive topics within emails
- Explain instances when sending email is actually inappropriate
- Develop a personal action plan to improve their email skills at work
As we only design and deliver courses as per individual requests, we need to understand who needs the course and why. Having understood the request more in-depth we are then able to tailor the course to ensure it is relevant and rewarding.