Cross-Cultural Communication and Customer Service
Bridge cultural and communication differences with a universal language
SummaryA new customer service scenario, designed for today’s high-efficiency, money-saving training needs.
In Part 1, service representative Valerie receives a call from Lois, a customer from another culture. Valerie speaks quickly and uses slang, frustrating Lois. Valerie is impatient with Lois’ accent and English, and belittles her, despite the fact that Lois has taken the time to learn Valerie’s language. Valerie insults Lois, and loses a customer.
In Part 2, Valerie approaches the same situation differently, adapting to the customer’s unique needs. Valerie speaks slowly, clearly, and properly. When Lois uses unfamiliar words, Valerie seeks to reframe to understand her. Despite being challenged by the communication difficulties, Valerie takes personal responsibility, finds a solution, and ultimately triumphs with yet another happy customer.
- Avoid slang - use proper language
- Be patient with accents, unfamiliar terms
- Speak slowly, clearly
- Respect and appreciate the customer’s effort to learn your language
- Reframe and seek alternates to barriers
- Easy-to-use – includes facilitators manual designed by service experts
- Highly engaging – quick-paced, lifelike scenario gains and retains attention
- Save money – all the quality at 60% off the typical price
- Save time – quick program for efficient learning and behavioural change
- Versatile – use for meetings openers, training sessions, and more
- Broadcast-quality DVD
- Filmed in HD with professional cast and crew
- Length 4:33
- Facilitators guide on CD-ROM (Activities, Discussion Questions, Student Worksheet, PowerPoint file, Pre and Post-Training Assessment)
See more of our DVDs > Cultural Awareness DVDs