Call Centre and Help Desk Training
Customers, Culture and Call Centres
The job of a call centre or help desk operative is one of the most challenging in today’s technology driven business world. With more and more companies setting up call centres abroad, the challenge increases. Those who seek assistance through a call centre or help desk often come away perplexed, stressed out, or downright annoyed. Why? Most of the time its due to cross-cultural misunderstandings on behalf of the caller and the operative.
Callers want simple answers, results and solutions and they usually want them immediately. When the caller’s and the operative’s cultures differ in terms of approach to time, communication and customer service, this can lead to negative experiences for both parties.
Our Call Centre and Help Desk training course is designed to specifically help such operations understand how to work across cultural lines. So no matter whether the caller is from England or Kuwait and the operative is from India or the Philippines, calls are handled in the most culturally appropriate way. Besides understanding cultural differences, participants also learn methods for effective listening, questioning and resolving problems. They also discover out how to write clear, accurate email responses and follow-up reports that will answer caller’s request and satisfy their manager’s expectations.
Having completed this training course, participants should be able to:
- Identify the types of requests they most frequently receive plus the origins of their callers
- Appreciate cultural variations of customer service expectations
- Outline and implement steps for active listening
- Define specific communication styles people demonstrate most frequently
- Understand their individual communication styles for the purpose of making adjustments to best handle their callers’ problems
- Cite responses they should provide and those they should avoid when trying to resolve callers’ issues
- Comprehend the importance of keeping emotions in check when dealing with difficult people
- List workplace features and practices that contribute to or detract from a positive work experience at the help desk
- Develop a personal action plan for the purpose of implementing positive changes in attitude, productivity, and overall well being
At Kwintessential we don’t use off-the-shelf manuals and courses. We strongly believe this approach is not effective nor is it value for money. As a result we design and deliver courses for each of our clients after careful consideration; we take into account who we are training, their roles, their needs and their interests. From there we build an effective and engaging course and our trainer will come out to your location to deliver it.
Accept no compromises!
The first step is to contact us and let us know what you are looking for. We will then walk you through the rest....